Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Can i get banned for model changing ?

Go down 
+3
tehwolfey
Kerberus
TaZere
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TaZere

TaZere

Can i get banned for model changing ? Empty
PostSubject: Can i get banned for model changing ?   Can i get banned for model changing ? Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 4:50 pm

i am just sick of plain cat Very Happy can i use the model changing stuff or would i get banned ?
Back to top Go down
Kerberus

Kerberus

PostSubject: Re: Can i get banned for model changing ?   Can i get banned for model changing ? Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 5:09 pm

Let me put it this way: I've been using an alternate cat form model for over two years now, have made a few videos with it and have also apparently been reported for it. I've yet to be banned.

Having said that, it still goes against the ToS/EULA and you can be punished for it, so it's entirely up to you.
Back to top Go down
TaZere

TaZere

PostSubject: Re: Can i get banned for model changing ?   Can i get banned for model changing ? Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 5:15 pm

Kerberus wrote:
Let me put it this way: I've been using an alternate cat form model for over two years now, have made a few videos with it and have also apparently been reported for it. I've yet to be banned.

Having said that, it still goes against the ToS/EULA and you can be punished for it, so it's entirely up to you.

well thx for the answer Very Happy PEW PEW gonna get NEW "gear" =)) finally

what were u using ? kinda noob at editing models
Back to top Go down
tehwolfey

tehwolfey

PostSubject: Re: Can i get banned for model changing ?   Can i get banned for model changing ? Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 12:17 am

You'll only get banned if you

-Go around advertising how to model change in like general/trade chat
-Use model changing to gain an unfair advantage in the game such as removing the door in WSG and walk right through the gate before each game starts or to skip trash in instances by editting instances
-Piss off a GM that knows your model changing

But most of the time blizz doesn't care that much.
Back to top Go down
Ifigenia

Ifigenia

PostSubject: Re: Can i get banned for model changing ?   Can i get banned for model changing ? Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 9:08 am

Druids that use model changing are usually tauren... Seems lion-cat is too ugly! Razz cat
Back to top Go down
Yoav

PostSubject: Re: Can i get banned for model changing ?   Can i get banned for model changing ? Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 8:42 pm

Will changing the model will help me solve the Feral Range bug?
After all, the "bug" is in simple words- forcing you to fight in cat form when half of your body has to be "inside" the enemy for hitting him and been in range..
Will using the models make any difference to me?
Back to top Go down
Yoav

PostSubject: Re: Can i get banned for model changing ?   Can i get banned for model changing ? Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 8:43 pm

sorry
double post:X

Last edited by Yoav on Wed May 21, 2008 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ifigenia

Ifigenia

PostSubject: Re: Can i get banned for model changing ?   Can i get banned for model changing ? Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 9:55 pm

Depends on the model you will be using. Generally, most model creators try fix range bug too, of course nothing fixes it completely.
Back to top Go down
Yoav

PostSubject: Re: Can i get banned for model changing ?   Can i get banned for model changing ? Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 2:26 pm

Ifigenia wrote:
Depends on the model you will be using. Generally, most model creators try fix range bug too, of course nothing fixes it completely.

can you recommend of any good model that looks good on the one hand, and minimize the feral range bug at the other?
Back to top Go down
Ifigenia

Ifigenia

PostSubject: Re: Can i get banned for model changing ?   Can i get banned for model changing ? Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 3:10 pm

I don't use model editing. However, a page with cool models comes in mind:
modelediting.frac.dk/druidsofazeroth.html
The best models regarding range bug are human-like:
modelediting.frac.dk
Back to top Go down
Aldaron_BH_EU

Aldaron_BH_EU

PostSubject: Re: Can i get banned for model changing ?   Can i get banned for model changing ? Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 2:44 am

Ifigenia wrote:
I don't use model editing. However, a page with cool models comes in mind:
modelediting.frac.dk/druidsofazeroth.html
The best models regarding range bug are human-like:
modelediting.frac.dk

Hmm i just watched Kerb's movie, and i kinda want to try the model editing, but both of the links aren't working. Is it me, or the site is down?

P.S. ahh the movie was super:)
Gz Kerb
Back to top Go down
thangdul

thangdul

PostSubject: Re: Can i get banned for model changing ?   Can i get banned for model changing ? Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 3:03 am

Quote :
Hmm i just watched Kerb's movie, and i kinda want to try the model editing, but both of the links aren't working. Is it me, or the site is down?

P.S. ahh the movie was super:)
Gz Kerb

https://chrille.forumotion.com/off-topic-f2/modeleditingfracdk-t48.htm
Back to top Go down
TaZere

TaZere

PostSubject: Re: Can i get banned for model changing ?   Can i get banned for model changing ? Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 2:14 pm

Kerb can u gief a weapon to the night elf cat please Razz
Back to top Go down
Kerberus

Kerberus

PostSubject: Re: Can i get banned for model changing ?   Can i get banned for model changing ? Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 3:26 pm

TaZere wrote:
Kerb can u gief a weapon to the night elf cat please Razz

As a matter of fact, I can't Razz

But go have a look at http://www.mmowned.com/forums/model-editing/ , maybe there's something there that can help you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can i get banned for model changing ?   Can i get banned for model changing ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can i get banned for model changing ?
Page 1 of 1