Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Feral/MS Warrior (2v2)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Meddler

Feral/MS Warrior (2v2) Empty
PostSubject: Feral/MS Warrior (2v2)   Feral/MS Warrior (2v2) Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 2:24 am

Hi all,

Looking for some advice/to share some thoughts of my own on feral/MS warrior as a 2v2 combination. Not the ideal feral partner I gather but the warrior's a friend and excellent PVPer so works pretty well for me. We'd been improving slowly but steadily rating wise until recently, seem to have hit a rough patch though and got stuck/drifted back a bit (currently around 1700, peak of just over 1800 a while back, though think we got lucky with a few matchups to get there). Both geared in most of the S3 arena/honour gear with a couple of PVE bits and pieces.

Ideal plan for most matchups is for me to open out of stealth onto our chosen target, ideally getting a 4+ point rip up before shifting, changing to heal, cyclone or bear depending on what the other team's focusing on. A lot of our play revolves around putting heavy initial pressure on one person limiting their ability to CC/interupt/dps back to a significant degree. Warrior's using Battle Shout since the added damage is pretty noticeable and we're seldom going to win an outlast battle (though have occasionally forced an enemy healer OOM while doing substantial healing myself if the match up's right - warrior sticking on a rogue that's blown his cooldowns for example tends to be pretty favourable for us even with feral healing).

We tend to do pretty well against most teams with resto druids (druid/rogue, druid/warrior, druid/hunter), being able to stay one them pretty well and put on a lot of pressure preventing much CC at all and limiting kiting. Healer/dps teams with a priest as healer are normally an ok fight for us too, with reasonable results against priest/rogue, paladin/warrior tends to go in our favour as well and most double dps teams are around the 50/50 mark with a few uncommon exceptions (rogue/rogue's pretty easy for example). There are however a couple of common fights that are proving pretty challenging for us though that I'd love any feedback on from people who've had some success against them:

Rogue/Mage - Haven't had much luck coming up with anything too useful here yet, with them either CCing my warrior and nuking me or simply nuking him straight off the bat. Tried to minimise mage dps by hugging pillars, pet killing and interupting spells but not working too consistently for us.

Shaman/Warrior - We've actually had the most luck against this one simply bursting the warrior early on while trying to keep the shaman controlled briefly (charge, bash, fear, pummel). A tough fight if we let it go on since the warrior puts out quite a bit of damage with WF and BL and the shaman's normally pretty good at chucking a LB or two for extra burst and shocking my attempts to CC. Going on the shaman just doesn't seem to work too well for us for some reason, just can't put out enough damage quickly enough so that I'm forced to try and shift and heal at some stage usually ending up with the warrior and shaman both on me at that point.

Paladin/Lock - Do ok with this one by simply putting a lot of damage onto the lock, BOP's the big issue of course giving them ample time to heal back up while we've got dots ticking on us. A combination of the felhunter, HoJ and fear makes casting somewhat tricky cyclone wise especially and healing's somewhat dicey given LB's my main option and with about +1000 heal it doesn't tick for all that much.

Any thoughts on these matchups/other experiences with this combo out there to share?
Back to top Go down
tehwolfey

tehwolfey

PostSubject: Re: Feral/MS Warrior (2v2)   Feral/MS Warrior (2v2) Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 1:47 pm

No experience with this setup but here's a small guide for FDruid/Warrior by Disstance
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=5784398722&sid=1
Back to top Go down
Meddler

PostSubject: Re: Feral/MS Warrior (2v2)   Feral/MS Warrior (2v2) Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 11:01 am

Thanks for the link, some good stuff in there (from a feral who's run this combo up to 2.2k which really ain't bad). Would recommend a read to anyone curious about this team, though would have to disagree with his points on warrior weapon choice axe wise Smile.
Back to top Go down
ehnaton

PostSubject: Re: Feral/MS Warrior (2v2)   Feral/MS Warrior (2v2) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 11:18 am

tehwolfey wrote:
No experience with this setup but here's a small guide for FDruid/Warrior by Disstance
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=5784398722&sid=1

Anyone got that info saved by any chance? Looks like thread was deleted Sad
Back to top Go down
Invelt(Jaedenar-EU)

PostSubject: Re: Feral/MS Warrior (2v2)   Feral/MS Warrior (2v2) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 11:32 am

u can cyclone through bop
Back to top Go down
mooyagi

mooyagi

PostSubject: Re: Feral/MS Warrior (2v2)   Feral/MS Warrior (2v2) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 3:14 am

Original Thread

My Repost of it

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://triggerwicked.com/
ehnaton

PostSubject: Re: Feral/MS Warrior (2v2)   Feral/MS Warrior (2v2) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 2:14 am

mooyagi wrote:
Original Thread

My Repost of it

Very Happy

Hey Smile

Thx a ton

Also i think a lot of ppl saw it, but there is a thread about resto druid/war. It's not feral stuff, but i found a lot of good tips in there: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=3466356886
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feral/MS Warrior (2v2)   Feral/MS Warrior (2v2) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Feral/MS Warrior (2v2)
Page 1 of 1