Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

2.4.2 & Scare beast

Go down 
+2
Kisalê
Gloria
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Gloria

Gloria

2.4.2 & Scare beast Empty
PostSubject: 2.4.2 & Scare beast   2.4.2 & Scare beast Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 5:07 pm

As it seems that the scare beast buff is going live.. I was just wondering how do you feel about it?
just a poor way from blizzard trying to nerf resto but ending up fucking up feral or is this nothing that will hurt the druids that much as the wow-europe forum posters states?
"Scare Beast: The range on this spell has been increased to 30 yards and it is now instant cast."

"or is this nothing that will hurt the druids that much as the wow-europe forum posters states?"

What i meen with this is that wow-europe forums posters cry to much about something that wont hurt ferals that much..

And my opinion about Scare beast overall is that blizzard cba to care about the fun factor

Blizzard - lol!
You - Sad

Last edited by Gloria on Wed May 07, 2008 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kisalê

Kisalê

PostSubject: Re: 2.4.2 & Scare beast   2.4.2 & Scare beast Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 5:09 pm

Gloria wrote:
As it seems that the scare beast buff is going live.. I was just wondering how do you feel about it?
just a poor way from blizzard trying to nerf resto but ending up fucking up feral or is this nothing that will hurt the druids that much as the wow-europe forum posters states?
"Scare Beast: The range on this spell has been increased to 30 yards and it is now instant cast."

Blizzard - lol!
You - Sad

Fuck off this Gay Resto Droods :<

Blizz try to nerf Resto... jeah ululu when thej in Travelform? q..q

Hard nerf to a strange role (feral) in arena / pvp :*(
Back to top Go down
TaZere

TaZere

PostSubject: Re: 2.4.2 & Scare beast   2.4.2 & Scare beast Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 5:13 pm

It's ezz what we feral have to do when we see a hunter in 2v2 3v3 and if we dont have a fast dispeller

/dance
/dance
/cry
Back to top Go down
Kisalê

Kisalê

PostSubject: Re: 2.4.2 & Scare beast   2.4.2 & Scare beast Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 5:15 pm

TaZere wrote:
It's ezz what we feral have to do when we see a hunter in 2v2 3v3 and if we dont have a fast dispeller

/dance
/dance
/cry

A must have for Ferals in 2.4.2... Your Macro!!! Surprised
Back to top Go down
Chrille
Admin
Chrille

PostSubject: Re: 2.4.2 & Scare beast   2.4.2 & Scare beast Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 5:16 pm

I don't feel that this nerf will have a huge impact on our overall arena performance as feral. The nerf is completely retarded however. The fact that a feral druid can get hibernate and feared by scare beast to begin with is a rather flawed logic.
Back to top Go down
http://chrille.warcraftmovies.com
Kisalê

Kisalê

PostSubject: Re: 2.4.2 & Scare beast   2.4.2 & Scare beast Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 5:18 pm

think you are right, hm but its suck.

"still in dreams... Av i tanking Boss... Pew Hunt inst Scare beast q..q
Back to top Go down
Gloria

Gloria

PostSubject: Re: 2.4.2 & Scare beast   2.4.2 & Scare beast Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 5:19 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxc86lTf_jU

Hunters VS bears
Back to top Go down
Kisalê

Kisalê

PostSubject: Re: 2.4.2 & Scare beast   2.4.2 & Scare beast Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 5:22 pm

Rofl xD

10/10 Points!

Im Scared :/
Back to top Go down
Chrille
Admin
Chrille

PostSubject: Re: 2.4.2 & Scare beast   2.4.2 & Scare beast Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 5:23 pm

hahahahaha, that was friggen hillarious :DDD
Back to top Go down
Gloria

Gloria

PostSubject: Re: 2.4.2 & Scare beast   2.4.2 & Scare beast Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 5:28 pm

Chrille, whats your thoughts about this scare beast change?
Back to top Go down
Chrille
Admin
Chrille

PostSubject: Re: 2.4.2 & Scare beast   2.4.2 & Scare beast Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 5:31 pm

As I said earlier in this thread, that the change won't affect us that much as everyone may think. We are already immune to polymorph and we can shapeshift out of slowing effects. I mean it's not more then right that there is a few classes that have the edge over a druid. I however feel that FERAL druids needs to get something that reduces the time we are feared and that we are immune to hibernate. Seeing that resto is a superior spec to feral. Why should they have the upper hand when fighting a feral druid as resto druid.

It's abit to much drama about the scare beat thing. The cooldown of the ability is rather long and they can't really "force" us to use our mana to the same extent. But getting feared isn't nice at all :<
Back to top Go down
TaZere

TaZere

PostSubject: Re: 2.4.2 & Scare beast   2.4.2 & Scare beast Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 5:43 pm

but we ferals have a thing about fear:(.
We RUN LIKE HELL FROM OUR FRIENDLY DISPELLER Very Happy
that's the only think i hate
Back to top Go down
Kisalê

Kisalê

PostSubject: Re: 2.4.2 & Scare beast   2.4.2 & Scare beast Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 5:56 pm

TaZere wrote:
but we ferals have a thing about fear:(.
We RUN LIKE HELL FROM OUR FRIENDLY DISPELLER Very Happy
that's the only think i hate

I think i have read you cant dispell it... :/
Back to top Go down
Chrille
Admin
Chrille

PostSubject: Re: 2.4.2 & Scare beast   2.4.2 & Scare beast Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 6:01 pm

You can't dispell fear if it isn't a magic effect
Back to top Go down
Kerberus

Kerberus

PostSubject: Re: 2.4.2 & Scare beast   2.4.2 & Scare beast Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 6:42 pm

On this topic I'd like to copy/paste a post a hunter wrote on the official PvP boards (he's my resto 3v3 team mate and I've discussed this matter with him), so you can see what a good hunter thinks about this:

Quote :
My hunter is my main, I do have a druid but rarely play him, besides he's resto. So, here is my hunter's point of view about the scare beast change and feral druids.

Many whines have been going on about the scare beast change, mainly as many claim that it's nerfing feral druids even more then restos, while the idea is to give hunters a bigger chance versus resto druids and to lesser to overpopulation of resto druids in arena. Even though feral druids are the ones that could use a hand in arena, and are at the moment very underpopulated arena-wise.

I agree on that particular statement.

I however, also agree that an increased resistance versus resto druids is a good thing for hunters after the silent mana regen nerf - a change that made a hunter's life quite alot tougher in especially 2on2 versus druid setups.

The scare beast change helps with compensating this particular problem. However, once again Blizzard made another problem by resolving an existing one.

Now, here's my suggestion:

Tiger's fury is a not-so-often used ability by feral druids, now to:
1. Make it more usefull, because a rare ability is never good
2. Give ferals a hand in arena, as they can use it
3. Resolve the scare beast problem in which ferals suffer

I'm suggesting to change the deep feral talent Primal Tenacity to the following, so resto druids can take absolutely no benefit from it:
Rank 1 -> Increases your change to resist stun and fear mechanics by 5%. Also makes tiger's fury break currently active fear effects and makes you immune to fear effects for 2 seconds.
Rank 2 -> Increases your change to resist stun and fear mechanics by 10%. Also makes tiger's fury break currently active fear effects and makes you immune to fear effects for 4 seconds.
Rank 3 -> Increases your change to resist stun and fear mechanics by 15%. Also makes tiger's fury break currently active fear effects and makes you immune to fear effects for 6 seconds.

I'm only trying to help feral druids, as it's confirmed that the scare beast change will not be reverted (atleast that's what I heard). I do not mhink that it should be reverted either, just give feral druids this buff that should help them alot.

Please keep it constructive, however I know that lots of people will start flaming and whining even though my intensions are good. That is also why I'll not check the replies here. However, maybe we can do something about this problem and help the developers a bit on resolving this problem that they so far are trying to ignore as a community.

/pray

When questioned about fear immunity he mentioned that "...it's not a complete immunity. They still need to be in cat form to use it, they need to have the energy and it's for a max of 6 seconds."

Alternatively I suggested a cooldown for TF equal to the one for SB (30 seconds). I think this is actually quite a good suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Chrille
Admin
Chrille

PostSubject: Re: 2.4.2 & Scare beast   2.4.2 & Scare beast Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 6:48 pm

ye, thats a good suggestion. But blizzard doesn't have time and the economical interest to change something for a minority of the wow community, sadly ...
Back to top Go down
Kisalê

Kisalê

PostSubject: Re: 2.4.2 & Scare beast   2.4.2 & Scare beast Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 6:51 pm

Chrille you can Read my mind... ;/
Back to top Go down
TaZere

TaZere

PostSubject: Re: 2.4.2 & Scare beast   2.4.2 & Scare beast Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 10:47 am

Our dev's are really slacking.
Back to top Go down
Gloria

Gloria

PostSubject: Re: 2.4.2 & Scare beast   2.4.2 & Scare beast Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 11:13 am

They just dont care about the players aslong as they make money Sad
Back to top Go down
Ifigenia

Ifigenia

PostSubject: Re: 2.4.2 & Scare beast   2.4.2 & Scare beast Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 2:08 pm

Sure it'll help in arenas. Of course, duels are a different matter, as druids mostly go bearform there, meaning it's useless. However, duels are duels, and not all classes are meant to beat everyone (at least not that easily), so I wouldn't matter about that. Gogo tiger's fury! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2.4.2 & Scare beast   2.4.2 & Scare beast Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2.4.2 & Scare beast
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: PvP :: General-
Jump to: