Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Feral/mage

Go down 
+2
Ferilin
Kieff
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kieff

Feral/mage Empty
PostSubject: Feral/mage   Feral/mage Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 10:10 pm

anyone know where to find a mage/feral guid for arena 2v2's? i got a good teammate 400 resi and myself also with a few pve items to swap in for arena. anyone know where to find a guide though?
Back to top Go down
Ferilin

Feral/mage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feral/mage   Feral/mage Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 5:04 am

We play this comb on 1850-1950... and if you want i can write down our Tactics here....
Back to top Go down
rooibos

Feral/mage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feral/mage   Feral/mage Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 4:42 pm

I'm running feral/mage too and I'd love to hear the tactics from other frosty-cats.
Back to top Go down
Kieff

Feral/mage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feral/mage   Feral/mage Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 11:18 pm

yes please would love to find these tactics out, me and my mage partner aren't the best skilled when it comes to pvp but we are willing to learn
Back to top Go down
Moostomp

Feral/mage Empty
PostSubject: Mage/feral   Feral/mage Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 9:55 pm

I managed to get to 1950 with a frost mage/feral, but im still having trouble hitting the 2k area. Ill tell you the basic strats against many of the comps we faced. This is all said from Feral PoV.

Priest/Rogue
-- The rogue will generally get the start on your mage, leaving you to get the start on the rogue. The basic strategy is to get the priest cc'd as much as possible while you eat up the rogue. The best way to do this is to start with a pounce > Mangle > Rip. By the time pounce is over your mage should have the priest sheeped. The priest will generally trinket this automatically so be quick with a cyclone on him. After this you will need to get the rogue to cheat death (if he has it). When this happens you will want to cyclone him so he takes no incoming heals. During that time you must get ready to cc the priest once more before finishing him off. Once you get that last hit, you have won the match.

Resto druid/Warrior
-- These fights can last quite a while depending on the druid's gear. The idea is to cc the warrior with everything such as: Roots, Cyclone, Polymorph, Bash, feral Charge... you get the idea. While he is cc'd you must beat on the druid the whole time while trying to avoid his cyclone/hibernates. The mage must stay with a bit of mana to spellsteal the inevitable innervate. Once you get the druid oom you have basically won the match.

Frost Mage/Rogue
-- This one can be quite tricky, and can go two totally different ways. The best idea is to let the rogue get the opener on your mage so that you can get the opener on the rogue(Bleed dots being the most effective). The blind is going to hit the feral druid by default, which you should save your trinket for. Try to CC the mage as much as much as possible with cyclones, while doing that keep abolish poison and hots on your mage to keep him up.
-- Scenario 2!! If the rogue happens to find the feral druid he will stunlock you while the mage shatter combos you. Trinket the kidney shot (5 sec stun), throw out faerie fire, and run out of LOS to avoid more damage. Then you must start on the strategy above.

Resto Shaman/Warrior
-- This one isn't so bad, due to the shamans lack of freedom from our CC. The whole strategy is to kill the warrior while the shaman stays cc'd by whatever means. The warrior will have to play defensively which will drastically decrease his damage to either of us. Your mage must be quick with the counterspell so the shaman doesn't get any heals on the warrior. Bleed dots again will be the most effective for this combo. Be careful not to cyclone the warrior while he has spell reflect, that could really put a dent in your chances of winning.

Shadow Priest/Rogue
-- What you have to do here is pretty simple. THE SHADOW PRIEST MUST DIE. The best way to do this is to have your mage get on the priest as soon as possible to avoid getting sapped. The best burst output would be with pounce/mangle/shred/ fero bite. Some time between that rotation should be a psycick scream which you will want to trinket if you have dots on you from priest. This match should either be won or lost fairly quickly, if you don't get on the priest in the beginning he will silence the mage and turn to you with dots and mind blast/sw death combo before your mage will be able to do anything. The damage from that alone will be hard to recover from.

If you guys like these strategies and they work for you, I will try and post more when I can. These were just the tactics we used to get where we got. I also didn't post any hunter or warlock comps because we are still figuring them out.

If you have any question I am on Arygos horde side, character is Moostomp Level 70 feral druid.
Back to top Go down
Angara

Feral/mage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feral/mage   Feral/mage Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 5:04 pm

I would love to hear any ideas on how to beat warlock + random healer teams as the warlock can shut me down pretty quickly and the pet is just annoying. IF left alone he will just be too dangerous ^^

Feralicious - Stormscale EU
Back to top Go down
ouderblade

Feral/mage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feral/mage   Feral/mage Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 7:41 am

Anyone got strats on a DK/Pally

either holy or ret.

We are starting on the pally and forcing a bubble then resetting but its not working that well, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Feral/mage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feral/mage   Feral/mage Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Feral/mage
Page 1 of 1