Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

lolferaldruid

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Alteration

lolferaldruid Empty
PostSubject: lolferaldruid   lolferaldruid Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 7:35 pm

Chrille you nailed it in your "Feral Ignorance" post. Granted feral is not the viable pvp spec that resto is, but still, how do you not get sick of playing the same comps over and over vs. the same comps over and over. I started doing feral/disc/rogue this week and we got up to 1836...no big deal, nothing spectacular. Then a guild mate asked about how well we did in arenas, and after telling him he says "so basically you were carried by your priest and rogue." I'm getting so sick of the shit feral druids take, and the lack of credit we get for trying to pvp. Someone told me, "you can't expect a prot warrior or a prot paladin to get to 2050 through pvp, so why do you?" which is ridiculous because the talent trees for all three of these specs are completely different, its what makes feral unique.

I'm not the greatest feral druid that has played the game, but I can't get better without actually playing arena matches consistently with the same group of guys. We do one night of 3v3 and my partners already quit on me, "just spec resto, this is a waste of time." This season if I get to 2050 it will be because I got "carried" last season I got to 1850 because I was "lucky". 3v3 requires equal level of play from every member, so why do feral druids get treated like half a member?

Alteration - Laughing Skull (US)
Back to top Go down
Ifigenia

Ifigenia

lolferaldruid Empty
PostSubject: Re: lolferaldruid   lolferaldruid Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 11:22 am

Well that's the reason you should find 1 friend that knows you and accepts your skill and go arenas with him. If someone has only been in eezmode combos ofc he'll treat you like half-member but he won't realise that he might be MORE clueless than you about pvp. I've noticed that myself. I had a few-weeks break with my usual rogue partner I've been doing arenas for all my arena carreer (lol) and found someone else with s3 weapons whose team had similar rating with mine (1850). The guy was definitely clueless about pvp and arenas, and he didn't know how to use/exploit half of his abilities, things that me and my rogue have developed together. I don't blame him, but obviously when you run a disc-rogue setup that gets to 1900 with simple use of your cds, you can't expect to get experienced.

Tbh whoever has a feral with a clue about pvp in his arena is most lucky, since he'll learn things he wouldn't if he just picked another easy setup. If he cares about skill and not epix (if a druid cares that much about epix, go resto! Don't even bother learning the feral spec, since there skill goes first and epix may come 2nd)
Back to top Go down
tehwolfey

tehwolfey

lolferaldruid Empty
PostSubject: Re: lolferaldruid   lolferaldruid Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 2:38 am

Well your lucky enough to even get any partners, I usually have to look for a new partner every 2 weeks. Seems like to me if me and my partner doesn't get 1800 at least the first night, they quit.
Back to top Go down
shocktech

shocktech

lolferaldruid Empty
PostSubject: Re: lolferaldruid   lolferaldruid Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 9:21 pm

Oh Yeah, Feral druids deffinately get laughed at all the time. When i first really started getting into arena as feral (never spec'd resto) all the time people would tell me to just stop while your ahead and go resto. But to me id rather earn my gear then going with an ezmode spec and ezmode combos. Then i started getting into the 1800s and 1900 ratings in 2's with my disc priest and thats when people started to recognize me, specially being the only feral druid on the server to actually get into the 1900s. But it was hard finding a partner that would take the time and see what i could really do, and its funny after a few weeks he said that this comp is probably the funnest but most challenging hes every been in. And thats what most people say when i 2's or 3's with them. But it really is hard to find a group of good players who will take you as feral and arena with you.
Back to top Go down
Alteration

lolferaldruid Empty
PostSubject: Re: lolferaldruid   lolferaldruid Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 6:28 pm

What's even worse now is that arenas are absolutely unplayable. I was playing around with a prot warrior friend of mine getting points for the week, and we went 2-8 with 3 losses to disconnects. Doing anything in arena right now is a feral druids worst nightmare, shit lags all over the place you're never in range to melee and don't even think about using shred. I enjoy shifting out of a frost nova, only to lag out and come back at 30% health as well.

Thanks for putting the achievements in blizzard! I haven't raided in forever, my pve gear is too terrible to even consider raiding, I log on to pvp and I get gang raped by RetpaladinA, RetpaladinB and RetpaladinC who have managed to dust off their paladin they leveled to 70 in blues and greens, but still manage to two shot me while keyboard turning. But boy am I glad they have achievements, what a waste of time. I am willing to bet the amount of data transfer required for all of these achievements is fucking up the arena servers for everyone. But kudos on keeping the casual player sucked in until WotLK.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

lolferaldruid Empty
PostSubject: Re: lolferaldruid   lolferaldruid Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

lolferaldruid
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: PvP :: Feral-
Jump to: