Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Should Blizzard introduce a new Form?

Go down 
+2
Kardredor
suicidehmpr
6 posters
AuthorMessage
suicidehmpr

suicidehmpr

Should Blizzard introduce a new Form? Empty
PostSubject: Should Blizzard introduce a new Form?   Should Blizzard introduce a new Form? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 4:18 pm

I've been thinking about this for quite some time and then i decided to talk to my fellow druid friends about it

Should Blizzard introduce a new form?

I was thinking introduce Werewolf form which could be a mixture of cat and dire bear, but with more focus on cat, or maybe an improved catform?

and based on what i can see from WOTLK talents, it's not cat dps that's getting boosted, it's bear...

is this something likely or am i way off?

(also werewolf form would look better than the current cat form Smile )
Back to top Go down
Kardredor

PostSubject: Re: Should Blizzard introduce a new Form?   Should Blizzard introduce a new Form? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 1:48 am

They said they're introducing Dire Cat form.
Back to top Go down
suicidehmpr

suicidehmpr

PostSubject: Re: Should Blizzard introduce a new Form?   Should Blizzard introduce a new Form? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 3:16 am

did they??? :O
Back to top Go down
Kardredor

PostSubject: Re: Should Blizzard introduce a new Form?   Should Blizzard introduce a new Form? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 6:33 am

suicidehmpr wrote:

Yea, they haven't said anything about what it does yet. I'm assuming its just normal cat form but with like 150% armor so you don't get trucked in half a second.
Back to top Go down
Ifigenia

Ifigenia

PostSubject: Re: Should Blizzard introduce a new Form?   Should Blizzard introduce a new Form? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 12:16 pm

Kardredor wrote:
suicidehmpr wrote:

Yea, they haven't said anything about what it does yet. I'm assuming its just normal cat form but with like 150% armor so you don't get trucked in half a second.

armor? Why not more dmg? Like increases damage by 10% (like SP form).

Indeed I've heard of that Dire Cat thing alot last weeks, and I tend to believe they're gonna do it, but don't ask details.
Obviously, the lack of imagination still exists, Dire Cat? It mustn't have took them long to think.
Back to top Go down
suicidehmpr

suicidehmpr

PostSubject: Re: Should Blizzard introduce a new Form?   Should Blizzard introduce a new Form? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 2:42 pm

Quote :
armor? Why not more dmg? Like increases damage by 10% (like SP form).

Indeed I've heard of that Dire Cat thing alot last weeks, and I tend to believe they're gonna do it, but don't ask details.
Obviously, the lack of imagination still exists, Dire Cat? It mustn't have took them long to think.

indeed...

more dam ftw, don't really think beserk is gonna cut it for cat form, might drop the 50% less energy used per attack to perhaps 25% and then increase the dam overall? (maybe give longer cooldown for that aswell so we don't get to OP)

and blizzard should really think about improving the looks on catform, (allies don't have this problem though i would say)

sui out Wink
Back to top Go down
Ifigenia

Ifigenia

PostSubject: Re: Should Blizzard introduce a new Form?   Should Blizzard introduce a new Form? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 4:07 pm

Do you really believe Berserk will make it to Wotlk like this? Or that war/rog whiners will let it go if it is?

Nah, this sounds too much OP to their ears, maybe cause they don't feel how a feral feels. PvP neglection.
Back to top Go down
Prelude

PostSubject: Re: Should Blizzard introduce a new Form?   Should Blizzard introduce a new Form? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 8:17 am

Ifigenia wrote:
Do you really believe Berserk will make it to Wotlk like this? Or that war/rog whiners will let it go if it is?

Nah, this sounds too much OP to their ears, maybe cause they don't feel how a feral feels. PvP neglection.

Look on the bright side, Dire Cat will have a new model. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Ifigenia

Ifigenia

PostSubject: Re: Should Blizzard introduce a new Form?   Should Blizzard introduce a new Form? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 10:32 am

Can I have a link to a page describing dire cat? Needz to know, I only found 3 spells at wotlkwiki
Back to top Go down
Prelude

PostSubject: Re: Should Blizzard introduce a new Form?   Should Blizzard introduce a new Form? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 5:01 am

Dire Cat was previously announced and confirmed but has since been scrapped and will not be coming down anytime soon.

Blizzard did reconfirm that they will be giving us the ability to vary our forms a bit, we will be able to either do repeatable quests or get an item from inscription to modify or model but even that probably won't make it into the initial WOLK release, but instead may pop up further down the road.

I'd link sources but I'm too lazy, just take my word on it or go search.
Back to top Go down
Eldopa

PostSubject: Re: Should Blizzard introduce a new Form?   Should Blizzard introduce a new Form? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 6:29 pm

Prelude wrote:
Dire Cat was previously announced and confirmed but has since been scrapped and will not be coming down anytime soon.

Blizzard did reconfirm that they will be giving us the ability to vary our forms a bit, we will be able to either do repeatable quests or get an item from inscription to modify or model but even that probably won't make it into the initial WOLK release, but instead may pop up further down the road.

I'd link sources but I'm too lazy, just take my word on it or go search.

Yeah, I'm pretty disapointed with what they are claiming to be a miscommunication (flat out lie). I personally don't care about how my cat or bear looks at all. I'm only in a form when I'm in the middle of a fight and I'm not looking at myself when I'm tanking/dps'ing.

However, someone on the official forums brought up a cool idea. Making certain talents affect the way our toon looks. For example Thick Hide, Heart of the Wild, Survival of the Fittest. Leader of the Pack and King of the Jungle. I think there is potential there, I don't want to waste a Glyph slot from the new professions just to make my toon look unique. A repeatable quest wouldn't be too bad, but it really doesn't make sense. Doing a quest that makes you look different? I'd rather have my talents affect my apperance.

I would like to see Blizzard spend their time and resources on actually fixing the range bug that they say isn't actually a bug, but more an issue with server sync. Yeah right. Or even trimming down the Feral and Balance Trees. Look at Druids Talent Calcs and then look at every other classes. We have about 6-7 talents PER TREE that you can only get with X points in the above talent (the little arrows) where other classes have 2-4.

Regards,
Back to top Go down
Nafulth

PostSubject: Re: Should Blizzard introduce a new Form?   Should Blizzard introduce a new Form? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 8:37 am

Dont u think we have enough forms Shocked Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ifigenia

Ifigenia

PostSubject: Re: Should Blizzard introduce a new Form?   Should Blizzard introduce a new Form? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 11:09 am

Forms are enough. Form buffing would always be good. But I doubt that would solve our survivability.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should Blizzard introduce a new Form?   Should Blizzard introduce a new Form? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should Blizzard introduce a new Form?
Page 1 of 1