Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to Learn?

Go down 
+2
Elfbezushi
Mr Moomus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr Moomus

Mr Moomus

How to Learn? Empty
PostSubject: How to Learn?   How to Learn? Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 11:46 pm

well, atm i leveling my feral druid to 70 of Stormscale PVP, Chrillie and Kérbs Very Happy
The problem is i dont know as much as u guys know about pvp, E.g ( When to cyclone ? )
the list is endless and i want to know how did u guys learn what u know atm?
its basicly everything to do with Arena pvp 3v3 and 2v2 Razz ( I dont enjoy 5v5 ) afro lol!
Back to top Go down
Elfbezushi

Elfbezushi

How to Learn? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Learn?   How to Learn? Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 2:04 pm

I can answer that : Trail & error, takes time to buildup a strategy for everything and the more you try the quicker you'll learn.
Back to top Go down
Yiska

How to Learn? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Learn?   How to Learn? Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 3:18 am

Watching movies is also a good way to improve.
Back to top Go down
suicidehmpr

suicidehmpr

How to Learn? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Learn?   How to Learn? Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 10:46 am

i always find duels and arenas the most helpful, coz normally ur shown the whole fight, so also u get to see the top dogs, or shud that be top cats?, but anyway u get to see how our 2k+ (or the elite) guys pop trinkets, uses cooldowns all those things... and a thing i learned is that when playing feral or boomkin ur not that... u are a hybrid... Kerb is probs the best to show u this in Learn to Purrr 3, well atleast that's what i think Smile

hope this is something that helps u guys... (shud say i've never gone beyond 1750 rating so i might be wrong)
Back to top Go down
Mr Moomus

Mr Moomus

How to Learn? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Learn?   How to Learn? Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 10:57 pm

Hey Guys Very Happy Thanks for your tips :p
I was also wondering what do these mean?
if there are anymore helpfull words and tactics please tell, i know a couple atm

oom?
Burst damage?
i know what damage means ofc but burst??
Back to top Go down
Ymmis

How to Learn? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Learn?   How to Learn? Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 11:35 pm

oom means out of mana, which is a bad thing for a feral druid ;p
Burst damage is a lot of damage at once.

And the best way to learn is to practice a lot. Duels, battlegrounds, arena, anything you can. And if you lose, try to think about what made you lose. Don't always blame it on gear, did you shift wrong? Did you miss an interrupt? Healed too late? etc...
Back to top Go down
Mr Moomus

Mr Moomus

How to Learn? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Learn?   How to Learn? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 2:34 pm

ahh yes, i played feral druid on Tournement realm befor i started to level and i noticed that getting caught in caster form by a warrior or rogue Sad its very bAD! if the rogue "Blinds , stealths , CS and KS " its game over Sad i try to avoid that alot by

" Warstomp, cyclone, run while catings HoTs and then bear form charge or prowl in cat form "

you think thats a good tactic sirry if im nooby Razz
Back to top Go down
Sorena

How to Learn? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Learn?   How to Learn? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 6:58 pm

Well, if you get caught in caster (or even kitty) with heavy damage coming in, pop your barkskin. It's a big chunk of damage reduction, and you can even use it while your not in control of you character either due to stuns or fears etc. It's on a minute cooldown, so you may not be able to every time, but if you're getting caught in caster much more than that, you're probably doing something else wrong too.

Also, try to save your PvP Trinket to break a blind or a KS, but use good judgement on it. If he's at full health and he blinds, its probably not worth it to trinket unless you're low on health and think hell finish you off with a restealth for another CS. Always remember, if a rogue backs off to restealth, you'll lose combat too unless you've got other people on you, so restealth yourself if necessary. As feral, you really should try to keep rip (or even rake if you can't spare the combo points) and faerie fire up at all times on rogues. If you see a rogue stealthed, do everything you can to get him out. You can keep hitting pounce if you know hes around and you don't have anything targeted, and it'll auto-target the nearest enemy (being him if you can see him). Our opening pounce isn't quite as important to our Damage/Control as a rogue's CS, so in some situations it's worth it to Feral Faerie Fire to pull you both out of stealth.

As for healing, both warriors and druids have healing debuffs (MS and Wound Poison). If it's a rogue, you should be using abolish poison when you come out into caster as well, especially if you've got wound poison on you. We don't have the healing resto druids have, though Nuturing Instinct has made it a little easier to stack +healing. As for warriors, see if you can time a maim or something between MS. It lasts 10 seconds and has a 5-6 second cooldown depending on other talents. If you can maim-> cyclone -> cyclone when the MS on you has 4-5 seconds left, the MS will wear off at the end, and throwing a roots at the end will buy you some more time to HoT yourself up.

Personally, I play a NElf Druid, so I can't really help you with warstomp, though I see tauren using it for warstomp-> cyclone or warstomp-> regrowth.

Also, there is almost no use for Healing Touch. It's too risky and slow to cast. Regrowth if you have space, and throw lifeblooms. If you don't have space, rejuvenation can be used for extra healing. If you've really got time, and space, Healing Touch is occasionally do-able, just remember that Healing Touch and Regrowth can be Counterspelled, Charged, kicked etc, and that can be deadly. Lifebloom and Rejuvenation are much safer. Again, here's another place for Barkskin. It makes you immune to pushback, so if you know a rogue's kick or a warriors pummel/charge are down, you can pop it and cast a regrowth with 0 extra casting time. Also, in clutch situations, barkskin before healing can prevent you from dying before you get your HoTs up.

Another thing to remember - If you've got Nuturing Instinct, you get increased healing in cat form. This means you can throw up you HoTs and shift to cat form and get more healing out of it. In certain situations it's worth it to switch to cat when you see your healer throwing a big heal at you - 20% on a greater heal is a LOT more healing. Obviously if you're being focus fired, this is probably not a good idea, though if you can LoS a hunter or a lock without losing your healers LoS, it can save your life.

A lot of being good at feral is knowing the situation and making good judgement for the current situation. Like someone said before, you'll learn the most out of trial and error. Watching movies will give you a lot of good tips as well - I've learned a lot from watching Chrille's and Deep's feral (and some non-feral still apply) videos. I don't know if I'd be half the feral player I am today without them ^_^.

Hope this helps, and good luck! =D
Back to top Go down
Mr Moomus

Mr Moomus

How to Learn? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Learn?   How to Learn? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 10:39 pm

Thanks for taking all that time for helping me out xD

it helped alot Such as Use abolish poisen when u got wound poisen up XD

ty mate xD

i bet your a pro xD xD
Back to top Go down
Sorena

How to Learn? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Learn?   How to Learn? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 5:14 pm

Mr Moomus wrote:
i bet your a pro xD xD

hehe I wish ><

No problem though =)
Back to top Go down
suicidehmpr

suicidehmpr

How to Learn? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Learn?   How to Learn? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 11:55 am

well i use to say: the gear doesn't make the player

but in S1 ur are gimping ur dps and survivabilty ALOT...

it's possible but requires alot of skill...
Back to top Go down
Ymmis

How to Learn? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Learn?   How to Learn? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 4:46 am

The problem with S1 gear is that the stat distribution is quite terrible. The focus on +heal and spirit gimps your damage too much. It might be possible on a sub-par battlegroup with a really good rogue tho ;p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How to Learn? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Learn?   How to Learn? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to Learn?
Page 1 of 1