Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The arena blues (not quality, actual depression)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rooibos

The arena blues (not quality, actual depression) Empty
PostSubject: The arena blues (not quality, actual depression)   The arena blues (not quality, actual depression) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 9:54 pm

I've been in the arena on all 3 of my toons for quite a few months now. I often get the feeling that I am missing something or that I am truly truly terrible at pvp. I have yet to be able to break 1650 with my mage (my as feral). When we win, we get solid wins. And when we lose, we really really make them work for it. But again, we seem resigned to never getting arena shoulders or weapons.

Am I missing something that really makes a strong team? Even just breaking 1800 would be nice... I really enjoy arena, which is the most important part, but a sense of accomplishment would be nice.

What are you guys in the 1900-2200's doing that you feel differentiates you?
Back to top Go down
Ifigenia

Ifigenia

PostSubject: Re: The arena blues (not quality, actual depression)   The arena blues (not quality, actual depression) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 9:57 pm

Well, I've merely reached 1900 this season, so I'm not considered a pro player, but again, I have my ups and downs. Not only player downs (every human being has them) when you just aren't in mood/can't play like you usually do, but also the bad luck (like I had today, 6-7 shaman-warriors with s3/brutal in a row.....) which can sure drop your rating alot, also messing up your mood for arenas. Tip is to never give up and work on your combo. If other people did it, you can too.

Ofc, as I've noticed, some bgs don't allow many combos due to hard competition at high ratings. Well, that's where you prove if you're a pro, but you can always reach the 1800 imo.
Back to top Go down
Kieff

PostSubject: Re: The arena blues (not quality, actual depression)   The arena blues (not quality, actual depression) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 10:18 pm

I have been hovering around 1600 rating, on good days we get combos that we destroy easly on bad days sadly we dont Sad
Back to top Go down
rooibos

PostSubject: Re: The arena blues (not quality, actual depression)   The arena blues (not quality, actual depression) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 8:12 pm

My frost mage and I have been bouncing up and down between 1550 and 1650 with great difficulty breaking the barrier. It's just very frustrating. I realize the only way to get a high rating is hard work. That I'm aware of that. I was just curious if there were other things like "when I learn to do X, it really help me with Y".

Ifigenia wrote:
(like I had today, 6-7 shaman-warriors with s3/brutal in a row.....)

That's so funny because with feral/frost, that's one comp we don't mind too much. But then again, you guys have better chances vs warlocks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The arena blues (not quality, actual depression)   The arena blues (not quality, actual depression) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The arena blues (not quality, actual depression)
Page 1 of 1