Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Feral Range Bug

Go down 
+4
Chrille
Meddler
Ymmis
halen
8 posters
AuthorMessage
halen

Feral Range Bug Empty
PostSubject: Feral Range Bug   Feral Range Bug Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 3:15 am

Guys, firs of all id like to say hi to all my fellow feral dr00ds, and to congratulate chrille on this awesome blog.

Now going straight to the point id like to ask you guys (specially chirlle and kerberus) how do work about the well known range bug. Ive tried dloading and using the kerberus model, but tbh i suffer this a lot.

I have a 400 avg ping, so i shouldnt be playing a feral druid at all (if any class in pvp for that matter) but the range bug is really killing me. My 2v2 comp, disc priest shouts at me by vent telling me to hit the healer pillar humping me but i never seem to reach it..

Basically id like to know ur experiences and see if maybe im doing something wrong and could be better..

Thnx in advance Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ymmis

Feral Range Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feral Range Bug   Feral Range Bug Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 6:12 am

Sadly, I don't think there is a lot you can do. Ferals are VERY sensitive for lag, and with 400ms it will be hard for you to time your attacks and interrupts right. The only real option I see for you to do competitive arena is as resto, and see how that goes Neutral
Back to top Go down
Meddler

Feral Range Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feral Range Bug   Feral Range Bug Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 7:22 am

Same problem here to a fair degree (300ms on average). Against some opponents I've found it fairly effective to guess where they'll be and run through them slightly (resto druids running away in travel form being and easy example say, or casters only going steadily round a pillar). Against those that change direction a lot though it's a hell of a lot tougher and I normally have to resort to mangle instead of shred far, far too often.

Long term I'm hopeful Infected Wounds will solve a lot of this issue, with it's 50% snare (assuming that makes it to live). In the shorter term running with a team mate with a similar snare makes a world of difference (rogue or warrior being the ones I've some experience with) though I realise for some match ups this isn't very helpful advice at all Sad.
Back to top Go down
Chrille
Admin
Chrille

Feral Range Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feral Range Bug   Feral Range Bug Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 2:49 pm

It's not really a bug, it's just that our model makes it look like there is a range bug. This is my theory, and I've no idea if it's correct or not. But since the hit box is a circle around the middle of every mob/character ingame I assume that it's the same with cat form. This means that our actuall model makes it look as if we are in range but we ain't. The cat form is to damn long :<
Back to top Go down
http://chrille.warcraftmovies.com
halen

Feral Range Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feral Range Bug   Feral Range Bug Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 3:22 pm

actually i dont know if its a bug either...
However that hit box thingy is a real pain for me, because even though im right behind someone who`s running away i cant seem to shred him.

I should have added that, but my problem is mainly about shred, mangle rarely gives me trouble nor finishing moves nor, rake etc. But shred gives me "out of range" on a regular basis while being pilar humped or kite. (funny thing that its the druids dream to chase someone, having +inc speed and having a the oponent give u his back for u to shred)

Chrille have u ever had that problem with shred? cause it doesnt seem to in ur vid lol!
Back to top Go down
Ifigenia

Ifigenia

Feral Range Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feral Range Bug   Feral Range Bug Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 7:47 pm

Shredding is everyday problem to me, and I've lost many matches to this. Pouncing is a problem too, I don't know why, but I've been chasing a hidden rogue from behind for ages in arenas just before he realised I was behind him, turned and CS me.
Actually Chrille, it is a bug, and the whole theory about it can be found here.
Even if it isn't identified as a classic bug, it's a game mechanics failure, so I don't have any other description for it.

Some druids may have got used to it, and I consider myself with them in most cases, where my latency is ~200, but that's my lowest ping, with my normal ping ~300, where things begin to get on your nerves, as described at the beginning. I remember many times losing a beginner pounce on a paladin on his mount, while he gets through me mounted and I spam pounce, and at the end warrior gets out of sap, lowering the time we have to reach them again before eyesight is out.
Back to top Go down
Yiska

Feral Range Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feral Range Bug   Feral Range Bug Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 8:15 pm

Srsly I got like 30ms and it's pretty much the same problem with shredding and pouncing.
Back to top Go down
suicidehmpr

suicidehmpr

Feral Range Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feral Range Bug   Feral Range Bug Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 9:18 pm

well as chrillie points out it's about the hit box... currently the hit box is located around cat form SHOULDERS... which is far to long...

i have had those problems but then i DL'ed a skin addon called Druids of Azeroth, the guy that made the skins ALSO moved the hit box up to the head of cat form...

hope this helps... atm u can do 3 things:

Tamper with gamefiles: cud result in ban
Get skin addon: cud result in ban but since ur not changing game files it's unlikely...
Remember u have to be at shoulders range to hit...
Back to top Go down
Atrus

Atrus

Feral Range Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feral Range Bug   Feral Range Bug Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 12:58 am

it's not so much as keeping your shoulders in them as much as it is cramming your face into your opponent's crotch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Feral Range Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feral Range Bug   Feral Range Bug Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Feral Range Bug
Page 1 of 1